What is One-way Video Interviewing?
Video interviewing enables organisations to use digital technology for candidate interviews. It increases speed-to-hire and recruiter efficiency, assisting organisations to engage with more candidates in a shorter space of time. It also helps employers successfully respond to critical issues like talent shortages, increased hiring expectations, flat budgets and losing top candidates to competitors due to lengthy recruitment cycles. Furthermore, it leads to a reduction in cost of process as there is no need for initial face-to-face engagements and potential employees can complete the interview in their own time and space. Video interviewing is also considered a solution to another critical issue: increasing candidate engagement through employer branding.
VIA is our cutting-edge video interviewing solution to address these areas.
Why is Video Interviewing so Important to your Organisation?
Built for Recruitment
Compared to its predecessors, VIA is purpose-built for recruitment. This means the design and supporting features of the VIA platform are created to be used by you and your team to make your hiring process more objective, efficient, and cheaper.
Access Anytime, Anywhere
VIA is cloud-based; there is no software to download. Candidates can answer questions at their own leisure, and you can access the interview recordings in your own time, without having to schedule a face-to-face interaction.
VIA increases the reliability and validity of interview outcomes by:
- Using standardised Behaviourally Anchored Ratings Scales (BARS)
- Using advanced algorithms that automatically combine and weight ratings and scores
- Creating consistency in questioning format and process
- Removing the prevalence of one interviewer’s perceptions unduly influencing other interviewers
VIA makes online collaboration easier for you, your team, and your hiring managers;
- Rate interviewers collaboratively without being in the same room
- Commenting/adding notes on interviews
- The ability to review video interviews at any time
Enhanced Interviewing Process
There are many advantages to an One-way Video Interview solution, including:
- More convenience for candidates and reviewers – no need to schedule and align diaries.
- Enhance your candidates’ experience of your hiring process.
- Candidates are asked exactly the same questions, in exactly the same manner. This ensures that the candidate experience is consistent, thus improving fairness and objectivity.
- Eliminates the opportunity for reviewers to prompt, elaborate and ask follow-up questions. This ensures all candidates are given the exact same opportunity to excel, and eliminates halo effects, and other forms of bias.
- Reduces interviewer bias by eliminating the opportunity for some candidate to just “get along” better with specific reviewers than others.
- The use of standardised rating scales and other scoring aids ensures that reviewers are better able to score the correct behaviours when they view the candidate interview. This also increases consistency and objectivity.
- Eliminates the chance for reviewers to discuss a candidate’s video prior to scoring it. This means that there is less opportunity for reviewers to adapt their initial impression of candidates due to the opinion of their colleagues, and leads to a truer reflection of the reviewers opinion of the candidate.
The Evalex Video Interview Assessment
The Evalex Video Interview Assessment (VIA) is a one-way, pre-recorded video interviewing platform that presents the hiring manager or recruiter with an opportunity to create questions they would like to pose to potential candidates for a specific position. Candidates can complete the interview on their smart phone, computer or tablet and the platform allows them to record their answers in their own time. The hiring manager or recruiter then receives the video of the interview and can review it at their convenience, also via their smart phone, computer or tablet. The video recording can be viewed by multiple individuals in cases where a hiring committee has been put together.
VIA helps overcome any scheduling and logistical issues if multiple interviewers are needed to assess candidates. It also benefits a candidate who may have a hard time getting away from their current position to conduct the interview during traditional work hours
Lastly, VIA allows for consistency across interviews, as every candidate is asked the same questions in the same order with the same amount of time to answer.
The manager or recruiter has the opportunity to create questions and competencies that they would like to pose to potential candidates for a specific position.
Interview candidates are sent a unique link that they can access via their smart phone, computer or tablet, which allows them to access our VIA application and record their answers to question in their own time.
The hiring manager or recruiter then receives the video recording of the interview and can review it at their convenience across a standardised competence framework.
The video recording can be sent to multiple individuals in cases where a hiring team has been put together who can then rate the candidates.
Helps overcome scheduling and logistics issues.
Benefits candidates who may have a hard time conducting an interview during traditional work hours.
Allows for consistency across interviews as candidates are asked the same questions in the same order with the same amount of time to answer.
Reduces the cost of the interview process with online flexibility.
The VIA app is available for use on smart phones, computers and tablets.
Pay As You Go
The PAY AS YOU GO option is ideal if you do not want to commit to a monthly subscription and just want to use the VIA solution on an ad hoc basis.
We require a 6-month commitment to sign you up for one of our subscription options.
* A minimum number of interviews may need to be purchased to qualify for the price linked to each band.
All prices exclude applicable taxes.